Research Industry Consultation – “Takaful Shari’ah Audit Program”
Kuala Lumpur, August 19 2015 – The International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA) in collaboration with Malaysian Takaful Association (MTA) has successfully organized the first research industry consultation to discuss the topic on Takaful Shari’ah Audit Program at Pullman Hotel, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur. The main objective of this research industry consultation is to gather practitioners, Shari’ah scholars, and academicians to provide feedback, exchange ideas, knowledge, and experience.
This event was officiated by Dr. Marjan Muhammad, Director of Research, ISRA. This first research industry consultation attracted around 70 participants comprising both practitioners and academics. At 9.15 am, the Takaful Shari’ah Audit program was presented by Ustaz Muhammad Ali Jinnah Ahmad, the Head of Takaful Unit/ Principal Researcher; and Dr. Romzie Rosman, Researcher, ISRA. The presentation took an hour to cover among others the introduction, rationale and the audit scope of the TSAP.
At 10.45am, the program continues with the paper discussion by practitioners and academicians. The moderator of this discussion is Dr. Said Mikail Adenkule, Researcher, ISRA. The main aim of this session is for the discussants to address their feedback on the researcher presentation and also any comments on the draft of the TSAP. The prominent discussants are as follows:
- Mr. Romie Khalid – Senior Vice President & Group Chief Internal Auditor, MNRB Holdings Berhad
- Mr. Mohammad Ibrahim Mohd Latif – Head, Life, Family & Group Business, Insurance & Takaful Group, Maybank
- Mr. Nor Effendy Abu Kassim – Senior Manager, Internal Audit, AmMetlife Takaful Berhad
- Associate Professor Datin Dr. Nurdianawati Irwani Abdullah – Associate Professor, Department of Finance, Kulliyyah of Economics and Management Sciences, International Islamic University Malaysia
- Mr. Muhammad Ilyas Mohd Mydin – Head of Shari’ah/ Shari’ah Department, HL MSIG Takaful Berhad
Then, at 12.00 noon, the program continues with the open discussion from the participants. Many issues and feedback have been addressed by participants to improve the contents of the Takaful Shari’ah Audit Program. This follow by the closing remarks at 1.15pm.
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 12 in /home/israinceifedumy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-basic-grid.php on line 184