Advance Fiqh Interactive Forum (AFIF 2015)
Thursday, 9 April 2015 – For the second year in running, the International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA), have successfully organized the 2nd Advanced Fiqhi Interactive Forum (AFIF) at the Multipurpose Hall, Lanai Kijang, BNM, Kuala Lumpur.
The AFIF aims at providing a platform for Shariah scholars and practitioners to share their first-hand experiences and solutions for the integration of Shariah and the market in a global linkage. Our mission for this session was to foster the sharing and dissemination of knowledge from our internationally respected Shariah Scholars with Islamic Finance industry players such as Islamic finance personnels, members of Shariah Committees, and also future human capital in Islamic Finance such as postgraduate students and lecturers.
The 2nd AFIF was jointly sponsored by ISRA with Maybank Islamic Berhad and Yayasan Dakwah Islamiah Malaysia (YADIM). The theme for this year was ‘Shari’ah Ruling and New Development in Islamic Finance’. The session was led by distinguished speakers such as Sheikh Dr. Abdul Sattar Abdul Kareem Abu Ghuddah, Shari’ah Advisor and Director of the Department of Financial Instruments Al-Baraka Investment Co. Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Nizam Yaquby, Shari’ah Supervisory Board member, Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions, the International Islamic Financial Market and the Dow Jones Islamic Market Indexes and Dr. Bashir Aliyu Umar, Former Special Advisor of the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The interactive panel discussions covered a wide range of Shariah and market issues which included both not limited to the following:
- Implication of Basel lll to Islamic finance
- Progress, effort and potential development of Islamic finance in Africa
- Discovering new life to Fiqhi heritage recourses
- Contemporary and extensive legal regulatory framework for Islamic finance
- Government and public awareness
- Opportunity for Islamic finance in untapped markets The two-hour interactive session was attended by 150 participants comprising industry players, academicians and students. This program successfully ended at 1.20 pm.
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 12 in /home/israinceifedumy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-basic-grid.php on line 184